Saturday, February 9, 2008

down the hill... from san fran

so here i am in the worst place on earth... a starbucks... in Oakland California. there may be some people that think i am being unfair. but i am here cause i am afraid that my laptop will be forcefully taken from me if i leave this little coffee shop. the men across the street look very unsavory, to say the least... how did i, a white kid from Utah end up here in Oakland? hehe... the pursuit of acadamia.

you see, i am here because i had to travel for a family "party" for my wife's family here in Napa Valley, where we (non-drinking mormons) joined the extended family to tour the winery covered valley and watch them partake of the many vintages. but little ol' me? i have to do business law homework. and i am very studious so i brought my laptop and planned on doing this at night while i am at the inlaws... until i found that they have no internet contection of any kind.... WTF?!? what century do we live in here? who the hell doesn't even have a freaking Dial-up? how do they even live? how do they shop? and most importantly... where the hell do i do my homework?

"the local starbucks has free Wi-fi, you can use that."

"is that so? where is that?"

"just down the hill"

and wouldn't you know what they mean by down the hill? F'ing Oakland. a place where a white kid does NOT belong.... now i wait for my impending doom. if you don't hear from me in a couple days... mourn my loss and forget about retrieving my body, it is far too dangerous.

once more into the breach dear friends!

2 comments:

Me said...

I thought Batman wasn't scared of anything...guess I was wrong.

Bags said...

Too bad the White Ninja can't comment on this one too. Ha ha ha!