Monday, February 22, 2010

My new personal Circuit Judge

I was riding the train home on Friday early, because I had a doctor appointment. I don't usually get to ride this train, and now I wish I did.

I sat across from a California Circuit Judge, who was chatting me up. We talked about what I am doing, where I am going, why I am choosing to attend one school (Texas A&M) over his Alma Mater (USC), how my family is, etc. etc.

Then he gave me some advice and his business card. He said: "The most important things to know about life are these: It will never be about what you know, it will always be about who you know. That being said, you can't choose what cards life deals you, but if you play them right they will always be enough."

Then he handed me the card and said, "now you know me," and implied that if I needed something...

So for my friends that are all about networking - you have the right idea. The more people you know, the more cards you have!

Let me know if any of you need something! Maybe I can return the favor...

No comments: