Thursday, December 24, 2009

So can we stop calling us the "little guys"?

The Utah vs. Cal game was GREAT. I was really happy to watch my team win. Decisively. Only one thing is bothering me...

The ESPN announcers kept calling the Mountain West teams "the little guys." Even though Wyoming won their bowl game, BYU straight MONKEY-STOMPED the Beavers in the Vegas bowl, and the Utah win last night was VERY dominant. I am also fairly confident that Air Force will win their game, and I would place money on TCU winning the Fiesta bowl. Last year, they said the same things about the Mountain West, and how Alabama was going to destroy us... and we know how that ended.

Hey BCS lovers, if your teams are so much better than ours, how come you have been getting your butts handed to you from just about ALL of the "little guys"? Why are you afraid to play Boise (I know they are WAC, but it is the same argument) or TCU?

Better luck next year with some of our teams rebuilding... Except I bet the rebuilding BYU will still thump the BCS teams.