Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ruminating on Batman

So, I was thinking about Batman this morning. Not sure why... well I know WHY (I am a total nerd), but I am not sure why I was thinking of him in this regard.

I have had politics on my mind of late (probably cause they effed with my bonus) and was thinking about the Fed and what it does, what its purpose is, and how it has affected the current economic reality. Somehow in this thought process I started to think that the REASON (among others) that I like Batman so much more than Superman is that Batman has to deal with his problems with whatever he has available to him. While Superman can always do something impossible. There is a certain amount of pride that can be garnered from doing something from good hard work. Batman has to work for his accomplishments. Superman is just super, cause he was born that way, cause he is special, just because. That just... irritates me.

Our Congress (and entire government) doesn't actually see where the money comes from, they are happy that the money is just always there. It is always available to do any project that they want... They treat the federal balance sheet like a college kid on spring break with his parents credit card. There is nothing that they can't buy! They are Supermen/women! But eventually, reality will come creeping back in and ruin their party.

I just hope enough of them are sober enough to listen to constituents, because it might be one horrid hangover. The recent polls are telling. We don't like what Obama is doing, what the Senate is doing, what Congress is doing. This is not along party lines... we (the people) don't like the government right now. It now appears - according to the WSJ - that the greater majority of people do NOT trust the government to do the right thing most of the time. As in, we think they are crooks.

A bit of a ramble...

1 comment:

brandonjw said...

Aaaaaaaaaaamen, brother.