Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More Geniuses like this.

I work with a guy named Robert. He is a genius. I know that he must be, because he knows everything. I am not being facetious at all, either. This guy is like freaking Nikola Tesla! He does complicated math in his head, WHILE discussing the fundamental differences between an Internal Rate of Return (of an investment) and a Time Weighted Return (or other such insane feats of genius).

But I am not bringing this up because he is ridiculously intelligent. I bring it up, because he is also the nicest, most balanced guy I have ever met. Most people that I have met that are this smart, are just freaking strange, socially inept, mentally challenged in some other way. Not Robert, This dude has held conversations with me about everything from Comic books to the European Champions League (soccer) to Finance/economics. He has a pretty wife (who is also really nice) and they are thinking of having their first kid.

So why aren't there more smart people like Robert?

No comments: