Monday, January 12, 2009

what is wrong with society? wait. i have asked this before...

so i know that i talk about my travels on public transport...often. but here is another example of how far our society has fallen.

a woman needed a seat. no one close to her was moving. so i half way back in the bus, stand and offer her my seat. i think nothing of it. except all the women on the bus start to clap for me. i am not lying. the women all clapped for me. they all say they are 'so impressed,' 'what a gentleman,' etc. i blush a little and stare at the floor for the remainder of the ride.

my only thought was this. every guy that i know and associate with, would have done the same thing. further more, my mother (and all of the mothers that i know of my friends) would have murdered me if i hadn't given up my seat. so if i don't know any of these A-Holes, does this mean that there aren't REALLY that many of them? or is it simply that i have a VERY small social circle? and if it is the latter... is that a bad thing?

3 comments:

Bags said...

I think that you just have a small social circle, cause I'd never give anyone my seat... even a crippled widow with 4 bags of groceries and a cough.

Unknown said...

yeah.. but you don't count Bags. you make little children cry for fun. ;)

Erin The Great said...

Way to be buddy! Look at the example you're setting for the executioner's son... I think that's his nickname. It's a good one I think.