Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Warning: I think this is the grossest thing I have seen.

I have seen people pee on parked cars in LA, I have even seen them pee on the seats in the train, but nothing compares to the above picture. I have debated writing about this because 1) it is simply too gross, and 2) I am not sure anyone really would want to know this... However, after a brief discussion with a colleague, it was decided that I must have a picture to prove that this is not all made up.

In case you can't tell what that is, it is a plastic bag full of vomit. It has been left on the train platform for about two weeks now. I would guess that the reason it is still there, is because no one will touch it. Frankly, can you blame them? So it has sat there and slowly the knot at the top has come undone and it has begun to leak out over the pavement. To add to the disturbing nature of this (check your gag reflex!) the plastic bag has kept it from drying out. It is now a gelatin like consistency. *shudder*

Strangely, this only makes me wonder who did this? I mean, if you are feeling so sick that you can't make it to a garbage can, why didn't you toss your cookies in the gutter (not more than 3 feet away)? Or at least someplace that can be sprayed down with a hose? What if you were on the train and only had the plastic bag? That is all well and good, but why would you leave the bag on the platform, rather than throw it away (again, there is a trashcan not more than 10 feet away)?

What is wrong with some people?

2 comments:

brandonjw said...

Wow. Who knew that public transportation could provide so much rich blog content?!

Yes, Jeff. That is gross. People will now have a difficult time choking down gelatin. :)

Unknown said...

Until I started taking public transportation... I would never have guessed the amount of material that would be provided.