Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Doesn't that go without saying?

President Obama told Diane Sawyer, that he will continue to pursue an "aggressive agenda" because he would "rather be a good one-term President, than a mediocre two-term President."

Yeah, that should go without saying. I sincerely doubt anyone that has the ambition to become the President of the United States, sits down in the Oval office and goes, "now how do I do a 'so-so' job?" I mean really, NO ONE with any drive at all seeks to do a poor job. I am a rather pessimistic person, and even I will give a person the benefit of the doubt. If they do a poor job, it wasn't because they WANTED to. When it comes to President of the U.S. I think that the term "good" isn't determined by the President anyway. Mostly the Media I would think. And lets not kid ourselves, the media loves President Obama. They have their noses so far... anyway...

I guess, what I am saying is, I am glad that you want to be a good President, Mr. Obama. Because I would hate to see what you could/would do if you wanted to be a crappy one... (though in reality, only the future will decide which you were).

1 comment:

Jesse Thorn said...

I'm just waiting for him to do something good without having to attack the last President. Given he had his faults, but seriously its been over a year...GIVE IT A REST!! All this talk about wanting to work across the isle, well I'm still waiting to see it. Time will tell if Obama was a good president but my vote, although doesn't mean much, is that I'll be glad to be rid of him.