Monday, October 20, 2008

this weekend was awesome

This weekend i got to go back home for a little while. it was really great seeing my family. i miss my cantankerous, curmudgeon father. I miss my obscenely intelligent older brother that wasted those brains on being a science teacher (OK, good for him, but he could have done anything). and i really loved seeing my mom. the reason for this? I am a big mamma's boy. always have been. and i am not ashamed in the least.

also i was able to see many of my friends. one in particular stole the attention for this post. he will know who he is, because this is the big thing that i remember. on our way to the Real soccer game (they won, 3-1, and are in the playoffs) i said something mean to a mutual friend and he gave me a pretty decent dead leg for it. however, on the way out of the stadium a couple hours later.... he made a little girl cry. and then we both laughed...

The Lesson: i may be a bad person, but at least when i end up in hell... i will have my friends with me!

5 comments:

Erin The Great said...

What no comment about the amazing and illustrious Katy? I'm shocked you wouldn't include my best friend and Nater-Tot's GF... Very interesting.

Unknown said...

you think it is interesting that i didn't mention my friends GF... I am married and expecting my first kid. why would i blog about another woman? i think it is interesting that you THINK i should have beem blogging about her... lol!

Bags said...

Erin,

Our world does not revolve around the same things your world does... and if you would have seen me make this girl cry, you would have made it a permanent memory of laughter too.

Jesse Thorn said...

I'll take it I was included in the part of I saw my friends. Just because some of us are also married and can't go to such games and such, doesn't mean you can forget to include them! Gosh!!! It was nice to see you, because I miss you a freakin' ton!!

Mishimmy said...

You were mean to me but I love you still. I love bags even more though because he gave you a dead leg. :D He's my hero!