Friday, October 17, 2008

economy isn't so bad, it is the people...what is wrong with them?

These past few days have been exceptionally difficult for me. i have put in more overtime in the last 10 days then is healthy. my SHORTEST day was still 13 hours. I am tired. very cranky. last night i left the office at 11:30 and missed all the trains out of LA. So i had to call my wife and mother-in-law to come pick me up. i got to bed at 2 AM. i have one of those horrible headaches behind my eyes from lack of sleep and strangers on the train this morning (at 5:40 AM, so you count the hours of sleep i have under my belt right now) told me that i look 'haggard.' and frankly i was feeling rather run down.

until...

i got off the train and was walking to my bus, i was walking behind 3 people my age and overheard their conversation. they are teachers for the inner city schools. and one of them says with panic in her voice: 'he says if i don't give him at least a D he will slit my throat and rape my daughter!' it was with this statement that i realized that our world is hopeless and that we should just stop offering public education to ungrateful, violent, little shits that need a good ass whooping. i mean what sort of failure are you afraid of that you feel you need to threaten the life or your teacher and the virtue or her daughter (who couldn't be more than 5 or 6 based on the age of the mother). I hate the world someday. there ARE more pressing issues that need to be dealt with other than the economy.

2 comments:

Erin The Great said...

Crazy... I've been in Utah so long I forgot what life is like outside of it.

Jesse Thorn said...

I agree. Ass whooping, or bullet hole in the head...either one. :)