Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My moral dilema

so i got a speeding ticket this morning. at 5:55 AM. now here is the problem as the argument in my head went.

emotion: there are very few people on the road and i am going with traffic.

logic: you were still speeding at 12 mph over the posted limit.

emotion: i was passing someone! of course i am going faster when i am doing that.

logic: you were in the left lane because you always go faster than everyone else. it is your own fault.

emotion: plead for mercy, tell him you are new to CA! tell him you are scraping by! tell him your wife is pregnant and due in 3 months!

logic: you should have thought about all of that before you drove like an @$...

emotion: what is Kelly going to say?!?

logic: refer back to previous answer... dumb A$....

all this went on in my head as i waited to see if he was REALLY going to give me the ticket.... then i got the ticket... and saw the fine.

$265

logic: that is extortion if i ever saw it.

emotion: oh now you are on my side? it was our own fault before... but now... it is extortion.

logic: you are correct... but if i had known the ticket was THIS expensive... i may have considered driving better.

emotion: i have heard that before.

in all, i feel that Tuesdays are the sux.

3 comments:

Abby and Eric said...

$265...are you kidding me? That is ludicrous! Extortion...sounds a lot like entrapment to me. Sure, you were going with traffic, he picked you out of the crowd. He (i am assuming is was a 'He', or at least a post-op 'Shim') singled you out and decided to ruin your day. What a jerk..if i were you i would have told him his boots were ugly and they needed a shine. Ass!

Jesse Thorn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesse Thorn said...

Ok, so I meant to say, that I answered my own question that I asked on the September 11th addition. I'm an idiot. (Don't agree with me!)