Tuesday, January 8, 2008

my climbing calluses.

calluses... they used to mean you were a man that made a living in a respectable way. they meant that you did an honest days work. nowadays, my wife complains that they are rough. i have apparently been laboring under the false idea that rough and rugged were a sign of manly attraction. this is very hard on my ego, you see i have some very gnarly calluses from rock climbing. even though i now put in a day of honest labor behind a computer, i still view these as a sign that i am a man that works hard.

however, i am now sure that the female readers (assuming i actually have some, lol) will tell me that i am wrong and that the ladies like smooth hands. and this brings me back to my first post... girls like superman too... he has no scars and no calluses. he doesn't have these signs of manliness because nothing can actually penetrate his skin. on the other hand, Batman has lots of them. (read the Batman: Hush storyline if you want to see how many. )

No comments: