Thursday, May 6, 2010

I remember why I take the train.

I often talk about the strange people/things/events that happen on my train ride into work. If you ever wondered why I take the train instead of driving, wonder no more! I decided to drive in to work today.

Here are the facts:
  1. The train takes 50 minutes + 10 minutes on each side of that trip = 70 minutes
  2. I left earlier than I leave to catch the train, to "beat the traffic" and still spent 120 minutes sitting in traffic, being cut off, honked at when there is roughly 5 million cars in front of me, etc.
  3. It takes 1/4 of a tank of gas for a round trip.
  4. 120 - 70 = 50 minutes of awesomeness.
I can honestly say that I fully understand how a person can develop road rage (I am not condoning that behavior) here in Southern California. If I had been driving this commute for the last few years, I am sure my mental state would be in question.

So, I don't think I will drive again.

2 comments:

伯函 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.